Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kirit_patel
New Contributor

VPN failover

ALL     I have 2 fortigate with 2 tunnels at one end and 2 fortigates in remote end . What is the best method to failover tunnels ? how do u do it. ? so lets say on fortigate a i have 2 tunnels and remote fortigate b i have 2 tunnels . If one tunnel fails on fortigate a whats the best way to route traffic to tunnel b
1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I do it here by creating two tunnels to each FortiGate (since each hve at least two wan) conmnect to different wans.

I then on both sides create the required policies.

I then create two static routes with same distance and different priority to the remote subnets I want to access over the tunnels.

That will do prio based routing. It will primaryly use the route with the lowest prio and if that is not available will use the routing with next higher prio.

Works fine here.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors