Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NAC
New Contributor

Configuration LAC whit Fortinet and multiples Swithes Dell whit trunk

Hello everyone. In the following scenario I have 5 SW Dell x1026p connected to the FG100E. Each SW has ports 23-24 connected to 2 doors of the FG as follows. FIG1

SW1 Port 23-24 > FG Port 1-2

SW2 Port 23-24 > FG Port 3-4

SW3 Port 23-24 > FG Port 5-6

SW4 Port 23-24 > FG Port 7-8

SW5 Port 23-24 > FG Port 9-10

We make the necessary configurations in the Dell SW so that ports 23-24 function as LAG and Trunk.

In the FG we configure an “802.3ad Aggregate” Interface called LACP_PORTS and add ports 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 corresponding to the connection of ports 23-24 that are connected to the SW dell.

We create 5 VLAN sub-interfaces each with their IP addressing as shown in the following figure: FIG2.

Con esta configuración solo logra establecer comunicación con el primer SW que se conecta permitiendo la comunicación entre VLAN desde el SW hacia el FG y viceversa. Les paso el detalle del diagnóstico.

FIG3 : Establece comunicación correcta.

FIG4: Does not establish communication with SW2 and the other SW (SW3… SW5)

1) Does the “802.3ad Aggregate” interface support multiple connected trunks of different switches?

2) If it does not support what would be the connection scenario so that the SWs are connected using LAG and TRUNK to the Fortinet?

We tried to build a second 802.3ad Aggregate interface connecting to a switch with the same configuration and that way it establishes connectivity, but I cannot add the existing VLANs to this according to the interface since when trying to create the same VLAN it informs me that they are already created.

We conclude that creating independent Aggregate interfaces manages to establish connectivity with a single switch, but we cannot configure the same VLANs on both Aggregate interfaces.

From now on, thanks for you collaboration

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors