Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

FortiOS 6.2.2 is out

Fortigate Newbie
5 Solutions
simonorch

Upgraded my lab 60E and noticed either a deliberate change in behaviour or a bug but i couldn't find it in the notes.

when dhcp dns settings are at default (same as system dns) and the WAN/internet connection retrieves dns servers from dhcp, the previous behaviour was for the dhcp aquired dns servers to be used in internal dhcp scopes. Now it uses the configured system dns (fortiguard by default), which could be fatal for users if you have restricted dns traffic in your policies

I haven't tested this on any other boxes to confirm so i could be mistaken but be aware

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

View solution in original post

bascheew
New Contributor III

Another bug.  In IPS, the severity column is blank!  You can't filter on severity as a result.

neonbit
Valued Contributor

bascheew wrote:

Another bug.  In IPS, the severity column is blank!  You can't filter on severity as a result.

I can confirm I'm seeing the same thing. No severity or targets are populated in the GUI for IPS signatures so you can't filter on them.

*edit* Yup it's a known bug, scheduled to be fixed in 6.2.3.

bascheew
New Contributor III

thuynh wrote:

Hi bascheew, we could not reproduce the issue in our lab. Can you provide more details on your config (FGT model, FAP model, how's the FAP profile is setup, etc). Does it happen to new FAP profile? Your gif also doesnt work. 

The Fortigate is 500e, APs are 421E.  I cloned the profile and the same thing happened on the cloned profile.  Let's see if this GIF works:

thuynh_FTNT

Hi Richard, this is just a display issue. You should still be able to configure IPS profile and the feature still works as before.

27 REPLIES 27
bascheew
New Contributor III

I think I found a bug.

On AP Profiles, if SSIDs are manually assigned and you choose to view the profile, the SSID fields will be blank and if you press OK then you save the profile with no SSIDs.  If you're not paying attention you'll easily miss that you just removed any SSIDs!

See attached gif for how to reproduce:

simonorch

Upgraded my lab 60E and noticed either a deliberate change in behaviour or a bug but i couldn't find it in the notes.

when dhcp dns settings are at default (same as system dns) and the WAN/internet connection retrieves dns servers from dhcp, the previous behaviour was for the dhcp aquired dns servers to be used in internal dhcp scopes. Now it uses the configured system dns (fortiguard by default), which could be fatal for users if you have restricted dns traffic in your policies

I haven't tested this on any other boxes to confirm so i could be mistaken but be aware

Jirka1

Finally add support for wildcard FQDN addresses in firewall policy!

bascheew
New Contributor III

tanr
Valued Contributor II

bascheew, just want to confirm that you still see those two issues after you clear your browser cache?
bascheew
New Contributor III

I just tried clearing my cache and the issues are still there.  I then switched from Chrome to Edge and the problem still happens there too.  I tried creating a new IPS sensor and the problem still happens.

Also notice that in the IPS screenshot that the "Target" column is also blank.

neonbit
Valued Contributor

bascheew wrote:

I can confirm I'm seeing the same thing. No severity or targets are populated in the GUI for IPS signatures so you can't filter on them.

*edit* Yup it's a known bug, scheduled to be fixed in 6.2.3.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

@simonorch:

FW01 (mgmt) # sh
config system interface
    edit "mgmt"
        set ip 192.168.1.99 255.255.255.0
        set allowaccess ping https ssh
        set type physical
        set dedicated-to management
        set role lan
        set snmp-index 1
        set ap-discover disable
    next
end

FW01 (mgmt) # set dns-server-override
enable     Use DNS acquired by DHCP or PPPoE.
disable    No not use DNS acquired by DHCP or PPPoE.

I think (prior to reading the docs, as always) that this is the switch you need. Maybe it's default has changed. Wouldn't be the first time a default value had changed.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
simonorch

@ede_pfau

just checked 6.0 docs and enabled by default and after checking in cli is still default in 6.2.2, that means it sounds like dns override might be broken

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors