Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sonydarrel
New Contributor

Fortigate sandboxing

Dear experts

i have a fortigate firewall and also a Cisco Firewall (FTD) and i m planning for fortinet Sandboxing solution will Cisco FTD firewall  will work with Fortinet Sandboxing, please confirm.

thanks

1 Solution
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Depends on your usage of "work".

The main advantage of the FSA is that it will create a custom signature update immediately and distribute it in your network, to other FortiGates, FortiMails or FortiClients. Other vendors will not benefit from this.

As the FSA is not in-line with the analyzed data stream (for instance, the FGT is), it cannot block malicious traffic directly. It will generate signatures so that the other devices mentioned above will be able to recognize and block the malware.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Depends on your usage of "work".

The main advantage of the FSA is that it will create a custom signature update immediately and distribute it in your network, to other FortiGates, FortiMails or FortiClients. Other vendors will not benefit from this.

As the FSA is not in-line with the analyzed data stream (for instance, the FGT is), it cannot block malicious traffic directly. It will generate signatures so that the other devices mentioned above will be able to recognize and block the malware.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
KPS
New Contributor III

Hi!

Fortisandbox seems to be a bit "open" to the world, as it can create IOC-packages.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisandbox/3.0.3/administration-guide/170699/ioc-package

I am not 100% sure, but you should ask your Cisco Rep, if and how these hashes, etc. could be imported to your devices.

KPS

sonydarrel
New Contributor

Dear Experts

Cisco Confirmed it will not work

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors