Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Niesten
New Contributor

Forti221E firmware (update) issue

Hello,

Something went wrong when upgrading a FortiAP 221e.

The AP is now getting in a boot loop, also when resetting the unit with the reset button.

When booting, the networking led is blinking for about 10 seconds, then the power led will blink for 5, then the unit will reboot.

This is continuously.

Is there a possibility to flash the firmware again, or gain access to the unit with a console cable?

The AP has only a 12V DC input and a LAN/PoE port.

Please help me with this issue...

Best Regards,

Niesten

1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If the firmware upgrade was initiated from a fgt (wifi controller) side, then it may be possible the the fgt is still trying to force an upgrade on the AP.  Trying deauthorizing the AP (from the fgt) and see if the AP stays online without rebooting.  Following this, determine what IP address has been assigned to the AP and log into the Ap's GUI.  From there you should able to determine the issue/cause. 

There appears to be a feature option that causes the fgt (wifi controller) to push down a firmware update once an AP has been detected/comes online.  I think in my case with a 321E, I had to contact support who had me try several things, but in the end I had to RMA the device.

The following pic shows what the LEDS mean/do on the AP. 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors