Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kamarale
New Contributor

Upgrade path from v5.0.7 to 6.0.5

Hello,

I have to upgrade a FG-100D v5.0.7(FG100D-5.00-build271) to v6.0.5.

I am not sure about the upgrade path, because te tool starts from 5.2.9....

Can you give me a hand and tell me where should I look for this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you see below:

"Upgrade information for older FortiOS versions (before 5.2.9) can be found here."

at the upgrade path page? If you click "here" you can see the tables starting from v2.50.10. In the 5.x table, look for the row 5.0.7. You can find you can go up to 5.0.10. Then look for 5.0.10 row and find can go all the way 5.2.5..... Then once you got above 5.2.9, you can use the regular tool. I recommend to go to 6.0.6, which fixed Fortinet Certificate revocation vulnerability.
kamarale

But if I see that matrix I do not understand why you said that I can go from 5.0.7 to 5.0.10 and not from 5.0.7 to 5.2.1. I say this because 5.2.1 is in green too.

Can you clarify this for me?

Thank you

Regards.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You're right. I overlooked those 5.2 and 5.2.1 are ok to upgrade to. You can take that path too.

However, based on my experiences, I would go up to the highest in the major version first before jumping up to the next major version. So that you might be able to skip lower numbers of the new major version, like x.0, x.1, x.2, which most often have some kind of major config issues. I remember something was wrong with 5.2.0 and 5.2.1 and requires a boot drive flush to upgrade to higher. You can verify it when you download the release notes of 5.2.2 and check what kind of caution or special notes in there.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors