Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hmiranda12
New Contributor

Dialup VPN Hub and Spoke configuration

Hello guys!

I am preparing a pre-sale where, by solution, we want to offer the client 25 FG30E for 25 remote locations and 1 FG100E at its headquarters to add Dialup IPSec VPNs initiated by the FG30E and concentrated in the FG100E. Therefore, the 25 FG30E against the FG100E would have a Hub and Spoke topology. The reason for the Dial Up VPN is because the client does not control the services of the remote locations because the leased space provides them with an internet connection. Because of this, 30E fortigates would be connecting behind a NAT router. The customer has biometric clocks in each branch to account for the hours of entry and exit of employees working in these branches. These clocks needs to connect to a server that is located at the customer's central office to centralize the accounting on that server. This is why the need to connect the biometric clocks to an FG 30E to establish a dial up tunnel against the HQs 100E. To be 100% sure that the solution I want to offer is viable, I set up a laboratory that simulates the connection of two remote locations and HQs 100E. The problem I am having is that when the Dial UP tunnel of branch A came up, the tunnel of branch B gets down and when the one of the locality B came up again, the A's tunnel goes down and so on. The tunnels are not stabilized.

The tunnels that I'm trying to configure are route based Dialup VPNs. The FortiVMs I'm ussing are running 5.6.4

It is possible to do this configuration? Any suggestions?

Harry L.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors