Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
klovegrove
New Contributor

Bandwidth Quota for Youtube Only

Hi everyone, Our management would like us to allow a limited amount of Youtube for each user, which I see we can do with the Bandwidth Quota option. Can I be more granular than just allowing the whole category of "Streaming and Downloads", and just enable this for Youtube only? Because I don't want to open a mass of sites just to give this one facility. Many thanks, Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
iosman123
New Contributor

thanks for the information ...

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Personally, I have never been a fan of bandwidth quotas as they never properly worked and/or not work as expected (at least in my experience of trying to set it up under 4.3/5.0).  IMO you may be better off setting up time periods for when youtube is accessible.  But perhaps things are different under5.4/5.6/6.0, etc.

But if you want to give it a go, you can reclassify YouTube as a custom local rating, then in the web filter profile set up the rule for that custom local rating - you will need to define a rule for that custom local rating in every web filter profile (otherwise the default action will be applied).  After this, you should be able to set bandwidth quotas for the custom local rating. 

klovegrove wrote:

Our management would like us to allow a limited amount of Youtube for each user, which I see we can do with the Bandwidth Quota option. Can I be more granular than just allowing the whole category of "Streaming and Downloads", and just enable this for Youtube only? Because I don't want to open a mass of sites just to give this one facility.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors