Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
akajj
New Contributor

NAT / Fortigate 60 E, Ports Management

Hello Dear Members please need to share your experience. i am novice Indeed I installed an open source application on my 2008 server, it works well in my LAN (with port 80), it connects via the internal fixed ip of the server 10.10.10.3:80. The server is connected to an internet network that has a public IP address (xx.xx.xx.xx) and which is also configured on a firewall. the Fortigate 60E Firewall can be accessed from the outside with the Public IP I would like to access the application and my server from outside via the internet. I want to know how to do NAT on Fortigate 60E and write the traffic / port to the internal address of the server,   Thank you for helping me please, I remain available

1 Solution
orani
Contributor II

You have to create a Virtual IP forwarding traffic from your external (public) ip to your server's ip. Then you have to configure a rule to allow this kind of traffic using the vip you created. Also a good idea would be to disable http/s access from your wan interface and change your management/gui port from the settings.

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

View solution in original post

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
5 REPLIES 5
orani
Contributor II

You have to create a Virtual IP forwarding traffic from your external (public) ip to your server's ip. Then you have to configure a rule to allow this kind of traffic using the vip you created. Also a good idea would be to disable http/s access from your wan interface and change your management/gui port from the settings.

Orestis Nikolaidis

akajj
New Contributor

I am a beginner I followed the instructions below, it does not work * Create virtual IP redirection traffic from your external ip (public) to the server ip. * Configure a rule to allow this type of traffic

orani
Contributor II

What do you mean that is not working? You can not create a virtual ip or a rule? Did you get any error?

Orestis Nikolaidis

akajj
New Contributor

yes, I created the virtual IP and a rule to access the server. see images please

orani
Contributor II

Iamge not loaded

Orestis Nikolaidis

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors