Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ralf_Lauerwald
New Contributor

SSL VPN with Network Level Authentication turned on on Microsoft Server

Hi,

has anybody figured out how to connect to a Windows Server 2016 over the SSL VPN Portal -> RDP when Network Level Authentication on the Server is ticked on ?

Its no Problem to connect to the Server when its ticked off but thats what i don't want to do.

The User is in the Remote Group which is allowed to connect to the Server but it still won't work and i didn't find a solution on the web so maybe its still not possilbe to do this when its turned on on the Server.

OS is the newest 5.6 Version

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
JayL
New Contributor

RDP with NLA really should have nothing to do with VPN. It's the client computer that doesn't support NLA. What OS does the client have?

Ralf_Lauerwald

It's Windows 10, but i connect to the Server via the Portal and not from the local RDP.

The local PC supports it, because when i am on the LAN with that Client i can connect to the Server with the Microsoft RDP but not on via the Quick Connect RDP on the Portal or with saved bookmarks

JayL

Ralf Lauerwald wrote:

It's Windows 10, but i connect to the Server via the Portal and not from the local RDP.

The local PC supports it, because when i am on the LAN with that Client i can connect to the Server with the Microsoft RDP but not on via the Quick Connect RDP on the Portal or with saved bookmarks

Did you set to the correct security level for the RDP bookmark?

Ralf_Lauerwald

i tried it with every possible Security Level....

I'm slowly guessing thats not possible to do that when network level authentication is ticked on on the Server

Elthon_Abreu

Send some screens Ralf. Maybe I can help.

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5
Ralf_Lauerwald
New Contributor

Hi,

here are some Pictures.

No matter what i try on the Security tab, i can't connect, i only se a Windows With "Reconnect" or "Close"

Thanks

Elthon_Abreu

Ralf,

If your server is in a domain, try to use the pattern "user@domain.net" to login. I solve my issue with this.

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5
Ralf_Lauerwald

Thank you Elthon but it does't worked.

Do you have this turned on on your Server?

Elthon_Abreu

Yes Ralf!

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors