Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Thom_Randolph
New Contributor

HA Cluster user configuration restore

Hello:

Two FortiMail VMs, configured as a config-only HA cluster and currently running 6.0.5.

Currently these devices use a NFS share as remote storage - that server is being retired and we're not going to be using remote storage with the FortiMails any longer.  

I understand the process for removing the remote storage, and am OK with losing the existing user quarantines.  I do need, however, to capture the user block/safe list configurations, and I understand I can back these up through the system maintenance tab.

My question is about restoring those block/safe lists after I have removed the remote storage.  Can I restore the user configurations to just the config-master, with the expectation that the lists will synchronize to the config-slave device, or do I need to:

[ol]
  • break the HA config and backup each device separately
  • remove the remote storage from both devices
  • restore the configuration to each device individually
  • reestablish the config-only HA pair[/ol]

Thanks for your help!

• 1 REPLY 1
    abelio
    Valued Contributor

Hello

quoting admin guide, table 26 HA settings not synchronized for config-only mode: "• Starting from 5.4.0 release, all system, domain, and user level block/safe lists are synchronized."

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors