Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nobody
New Contributor

WIFI mesh leaf AP disconnected

Hi there,

I found one of the WIFI mesh leaf APs got disconnected from time to time.

when I check the status by using command:  "diagnose wireless-controller wlac -c wtp"

I found the following msg:

last failure : 7 -- Change state pending timer expired last failure param: N/A last failure time: Thu Sep 12 06:56:12 2019

I tried to google "7 -- Change state pending timer expired", it doesn't really help.

Can someone tell me what that failure code really means?

Cheers

Jason

1 Solution
darwin_FTNT

7 -- Change state pending timer expired

did a quick search for the error message and one found in capwap module.

almost all fortios daemons have debug flags that can be set "diag debug application <daemon> -1" to enable all debug type bit fields (could result in lot's of debug printout and slows down device or network hiccup) to get more details

the error message could be due to config download timeout, client response timeout, etc., mostly in the fsm (finite state machine) transition events timeout but not familiar with the capwap code/logic.

support will sent the ticket to dev responsible for the capwap module.

https://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-wireless-54/troubleshooting.htm

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
nobody
New Contributor

it happened again today. 

FYI, Fortigate firewall is: FortiWiFi 60E   Firmware v6.2.1 build0932 (GA)

FortiAP: FP221E  version: v6.2-build0246

WaltDjr
New Contributor

We are seeing this on several of our APs, different models.  We are on firmware v6.0-build0066.

We're trying to get a support tech out on site to help figure out what's going on.  If we do, I'll try to remember to post back here what we find.

nobody
New Contributor

Hi WaltDjr,

Thanks for your info.  Please keep me posted if you guys get any update from tech support.

As a workaround, we scheduled a script to de-authorize the APs and authorize them again at the midnight everyday.  It does help to keep the APs online during the daytime. 

nobody
New Contributor

just upgraded the firmware of FWF60E to v6.2.2 build1010.  will see if the problem still exists.

darwin_FTNT

almost all fortios daemons have debug flags that can be set "diag debug application <daemon> -1" to enable all debug type bit fields (could result in lot's of debug printout and slows down device or network hiccup) to get more details

the error message could be due to config download timeout, client response timeout, etc., mostly in the fsm (finite state machine) transition events timeout but not familiar with the capwap code/logic.

https://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-wireless-54/troubleshooting.htm

nobody

darwin wrote:

Hi Darwin,

Thanks heaps for your info.

I've changed the timeout values as biggest as I could, like below:

config wireless-controller global set max-retransmit 64     ### 64 is the max one

config wireless-controller timers set echo-interval 240       ### 255 is the max one, but 240 is big enough I reckon.

But it seems don't help. we still have this AP disconnect issue, even after I upgraded the Firmware of FW recently.

I am doubting it could be a bug.

nobody
New Contributor

an update:

I think this bug has been fixed within the recent firmware update.

Since the fortigate FW had been upgraded to 6.2.2 build 1010, and FP221E AP upgraded to 6.2 build 0265, We haven't seen any AP disconnecting issue.

Cheers

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors