Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
roliveira
New Contributor

Deploying forticlient with pre-configured VPN settings, without EMS...

Hi Fortinet Community! I am new to the forums and I apologize in advance if this content is already posted or available. We're replacing a Cisco ASA with Fortigate 200E. We do not have the option of purchasing EMS- but I'm still curious to know if there are any guidelines or documentation out there about how to get away with deploying a pre-configured client to maybe 1200-1500 workstations, without the manual intervention of course :)

If the manual way is the only other way, then so be it- still wanted to ask!

Thanks everyone! Love the products/features/ease of usability of Fortigate!

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm you could create the forticlient config once and then export it. This will give you an xml file you can import on any other instance of forticlient. 

I haven't myself yet read anythng about redistributing forticlient with a config but I'd be interested in any info too.

Update: google found me this for Forticlient 6.0.0: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/6.0.0/configurator-tool/823336/use-forticlient-config...

Unfortunately you have to buy an extra licence for that and also I don't linke Forticlient 6 :\

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors