Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Spike
New Contributor

Get user information in fortiGate Cloud reports

Hi all,

we are getting reports from our forticloud, these include reports on possible "high-risk application use" / "Applications by Active Users"

The issue is, they only indicate a number or in some reports are blank under the "user" column. 

What components do we need the Fortigate so we need configure to be able to track actual user names in these reports? 

See attached screenshot. 

1 Solution
orani
Contributor II

I am not sure about that but a solution would be forticlient and users configured at firewall (locally or ldap users) so users can be identified by firewall.

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

View solution in original post

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
2 REPLIES 2
orani
Contributor II

I am not sure about that but a solution would be forticlient and users configured at firewall (locally or ldap users) so users can be identified by firewall.

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
Spike
New Contributor

Would this require the user to have the Forticleint running all the time? I wouldn't think that would be practical as if they were already in the local network there wouldn't be a point in connecting the Forticleint or is there some components that pass on information to the Forticlient even if it's not connected and running? 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors