Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

How Does FortiMail Compare To FortiMail Cloud?

Curious how these compare? Are both versions being widely used? Thanks in advance,
1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

They work about the same and no on the last question but a lot of org are moving to cloud protection.  It has various subscription levels and is geared for org that has or do not want to use a dedicate email-admin ( i.e medium to sml-biz )

Keep in mind fortimailcloud is very much more new than the on premise mail ESA concept. So give it some time.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

They work about the same and no on the last question but a lot of org are moving to cloud protection.  It has various subscription levels and is geared for org that has or do not want to use a dedicate email-admin ( i.e medium to sml-biz )

Keep in mind fortimailcloud is very much more new than the on premise mail ESA concept. So give it some time.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SecurityPlus

Thanks emnoc!

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Not so fast @emnoc, there are some misconceptions here:

>Are both versions being widely used?  No

This is not correct any longer.  Over 25% of our deployments per quarter and growing are cloud based.  FortiMail Cloud is fast becoming one of the main deployment methods.

>it is geared for org that has or do not want to use a dedicate email-admin ( i.e medium to sml-biz )

It certainly suits such organisations but is definitely not limited to that.  We have a large number of MSSP and large enterprise (>10K mailbox) deployments.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors