Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abhimanyu
New Contributor

VPN Server may be unreachable (-14) in Windows 10 (Forticlient SSL VPN)

I had tried to setup VPN connection. Using the latest version client and firewall. In windows During the login time it shows

"VPN Server may be unreachable (-14) " . Status shows 80% complete. BUT it works in ANDROID..!!! Anyone resolved this ?

1 Solution
willem_abrie
New Contributor

This error also occur if you use the non-fully licensed VPN client, and the SSL VPN configuration on the fortigate firewall has the "Host Check" option enabled. (SSL VPN Portals -> Tunnel Mode -> Host Check)

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
zaphod
New Contributor III

Try to disable TLS 1.0 / 1.1 in internet options

brunogabrielli

Hello abhimanyu.

Did you solve the problem?

bitbauer
New Contributor

I'm experiencing the exact same problem/error message? I then tried to change the Internet Explorer settings and disabled the TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. But that did not solve the problem. Any further suggestions?

zaphod
New Contributor III

@bitbauer

did you use the latest forticlient? (6.2.x)

bitbauer

Yes, I'm using version 6.2.2.087. I also tried to reinstall the FortiClient without luck.

I had installed another VPN client(ShrewSoft VPN Client), but uninstalled it and then reinstalled the FortiClient. Also no change. Perhaps that installation left something behind on my Windows 10 workstation?

I should also mention that I have internet access via TV cable, which assigns a IPv6 address to my router. Perhaps that causes a problem, too?

bitbauer

Tried it on a different computer, same result :(

Here is what was logged:

14.11.2019 19:54:44 Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: SSL VPN Tunnel is Disconnected ********* 14.11.2019 19:54:44 Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: Client is exited (1) 14.11.2019 19:54:44 Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: Init:ConnectNamedPipe(): Wait(hEventOverLapped) OK. 14.11.2019 19:54:44 Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: before ConnectNamedPipe 14.11.2019 19:54:44 Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: Init:ConnectNamedPipe(): rc=0, err=997 14.11.2019 19:54:44 Debug VPN FortiSslvpn: _ReceiveMessage: (000003E0)

My colleague is able to connect with his user account on another computer though... 

bitbauer

UPDATE: Found a solution...just installed an older Version of the FortiClient (6.0.2.0128) and connection could be successfully established!

zaphod
New Contributor III

strange. but good you got it running now.

Waldeyer

Worked for me using

Use SSL 3.0

Use TLS 1.3 (experimental)

Fine.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors