Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sims
New Contributor III

ipsec

Hi,

If we have adsl router (no static public ip ) , so Can I create an Ipsec Tunnel 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
sw2090
Honored Contributor

basically you can. But since ipsec needs defined ends of the tunnel you would have to use some ddns service to create a fqdn pointing to your curent ip and use that as remote gateway.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
smari
New Contributor

You only need one end with a static ip, then do a dialup ipsec from the dynamic site to to the static ip site.

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ .

1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ . 1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.
sw2090
Honored Contributor

yeah that's why I just spoke of "defined end" ;)

Even in a dial up tunnel you will have to enter some remote gateway...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
smari
New Contributor

Ahh, my bad, thought since you wrote "ends" you were meaning both ends :)

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ .

1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.

NSE7, FMG, FAC, FAZ . 1500D's, 1200D's, 900D's, 300D's, 200D's, 100D's and bunch of small stuff.
sims
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you all , Primary site . On internet edge ASA firewall after firewall internet router . NAT configured on ASA.  

In secondary site I have fortinet firewall . 

Is it possible to  create ipsec vpn tunnel If I place a FORTIGATE 60D behind ASA firewall at primary site 

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors