Hot!connecting a remote client router to a home VPN server(router)

Author
JerryTubs
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2019/08/30 10:36:15 (permalink)

connecting a remote client router to a home VPN server(router)

I want to start using a VPN on my laptop and I'm wondering if I can use the same VPN on my android too. Since I use stock android with google services my phone is connected to my identity. To use the VPN on android I would have to enter the credentials provided by my VPN provider into the OpenVPN-App. Does that compromise the anonymity the VPN provides me on my linux laptop? Should I get a separate VPN account for my android phone?LineageOS isn't really an option for me at the moment, because I almost bricked my phone trying to get lineage with microG flashed.https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/
post edited by JerryTubs - 2019/09/02 11:39:11

2 Replies Related Threads

miyabhai101
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Scores: 0
    Re: connecting a remote client router to a home VPN server(router) 2019/12/08 02:31:08 (permalink)
    Linksys e1000That's a 300 Mhz chip. You are looking at a maximum of 4-8 Mbps with OpenVPN. You can't flash a copy of DD-wrt with openvpn on it because the device doesn't have enough RAM or storage. You could build your own version of OpenWRT but I don't know enough about that to offer any help. 9apps app cartoon hd
    post edited by miyabhai101 - 2019/12/09 03:48:04
    sw2090
    Expert Member
    • Total Posts : 712
    • Scores: 50
    Re: connecting a remote client router to a home VPN server(router) 2019/12/10 01:54:45 (permalink)
    as this is a FortiGate/FortiOS specific forum, I'll give you a specific answer:

there is an android version of FortiClient available for free in Play Store on Android.
    This is capable of connecting to ssl or ipsec dial up vpn on a FortiGate.
    Just installed it onto my cellphone and tested it with our tunel here with success.
    As FortiGates support concurrent connections you don't need a seperate user (if you don't do xauth you don't even need a user account at all).
    Works fine here and I'll install that to my tablet too because it could be usefull for me.
    Thx to Fortinet for making an android version of forticlient btw!
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5