Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cngbandan
New Contributor

More than one interface for fortiSIEM VA

Hello,

Please, can you say me if is it possible to have more than one interface on my FortiSIEM VA?

[FirstName][JobTitle]
[FirstName][JobTitle]
2 REPLIES 2
FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Yes it is possible to have multiple interfaces configured, however, eth0 must be enabled and used for the initial provisioning of the VM.

I would suggest you speak with Support for instructions and ensure you have a good recent backup. But these steps should work.

-       Add a new virtual interface in the hypervisor. The steps below are for VMware vSphere, use steps appropriate to the hypervisor version

[ul]
  • In the vSphere Client right‐click the Virtual Appliance and click Edit Settings.
  • Under Hardware select Add
  • Select Ethernet Adapter then click Next
  •  Define the Network that the Adapter will be a part of then click Next, then Finish.[/ul]

-       Connect to the FortiSIEM virtual appliance via SSH

-       The network interface will not appear in the CLI as the interface hasn’t been configured. Configure the interface as follows

[ul]
  • Enter the following commands to copy the existing network interface config to a second file and open it for editing[/ul]

cd /etc/sysconfig/network‐scripts

cp ifcfg‐eth0 ifcfg‐eth1

vi ifcfg‐eth1               This will open the new config file in the vi editor

[ul]
  • Modify the new file with settings for the new interface as shown below[/ul]

DEVICE=eth1                    Update this to ‘eth1’ as shown

BOOTPROTO=none

ONBOOT=yes

TYPE=Ethernet

IPADDR=172.16.20.210           IP address of new Interface

NETMASK=255.255.255.0          Subnet mask of new interface

[strike]GATEWAY=172.16.20.1[/strike]            Delete, eth0 has the default gateway

BROADCAST=172.16.20.255        Broadcast address for the new subnet

[ul]
  • Save the updated file and exit by pressing the [Esc] key and entering the ‘:wq’ vi command sequence
  • Restart the network service with the following command service network restart[/ul]

• cngbandan

Many thx

[FirstName][JobTitle]
    [FirstName][JobTitle]
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors