Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
clmcs
New Contributor

6.0 Fortivoice upgrade

Has anyone else had major problems  after upgrading their system to the new version 6 firmware?  I upgraded my test system and I wish I would have never made the change, it's been a nightmare.  Buttons on the phones all got wiped out,  trunks aren't working right, calls aren't routing properly.  The extension statuses all say unavailable despite that the phones are working.  I wish there was a way to downgrade back but the release notes say it's not possible.

5 REPLIES 5
jleemc44
New Contributor

Yes yes yes, scouring the web for help!

clmcs
New Contributor

I've  heard that there were a number of other customers that had issues with the upgrade as well,  so it wasn't just us. If you hear anything or have any luck fixing things please post here and I'll do the same.  I've gotten everything working again except the incoming trunks routing calls properly.  No matter what I try they all use the same inbound routing despite that it worked perfectly before the upgrade and I've recreated all trunks and inbound paths and they are programmed properly.

LoganH
New Contributor

Just upgraded.

My biggest headache was call routing. There was an undocumented change that fouled up my calls and at the same time brought an external problem to light.

I'm using an FVG-GO08 with 7 analog lines. In 5.3 outbound calls routed out starting at line 1, working their way to line 7. Knowing this, I purposely put my incoming round-robin AT&T lines as 5-7 so that my outbound calls would only rarely spill into my incoming lines.

In 6.0, outbound call routing reversed to start at line 7 and work their way back to line 1. So now, outbound calls were immediately tying up my incoming call lines. Bright side is this led me to find that one of my incoming lines from AT&T was not working.

Hopefully this routing change gets added to the release notes so others don't have the same problem.

clmcs
New Contributor

Logan- Just curious why you separated specific lines and designated them as inbound or outbound instead of just having all 7 lines roll between each other at AT&T for inbound calls, and then have the Fortivoice just pick an available outbound line from the pool of all 7 numbers?  Then you could have any combination of <7 inbound or outbound calls active since AT&T and Fortivoice are handling all routing for you.  Short of maybe a number used for a fax machine that you wouldn't want rolling on.

LoganH
New Contributor

I have two different carriers, so outbound preference needs to start with the second carrier rather than tie up the 3 lines tied to our published business number.

That being said... I was wrong. We still have lots of issues. Audio quality is really poor and I'm watching our CPU usage on the FVE and FVG go up to 95% at times.

The FVG had only one active call and the CPU usage was at 77%. When we had 5 simultaneous calls earlier the system just about crashed.

I'm looking at rolling back to 5.3 as this OS just doesn't appear stable at all.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors