Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gamaliel_vd
New Contributor

Fortigate and Unifi Network

Hi! Before anything else, greetings for everyone on the forum and thank you in advance for all the support and collaboration on the subject. Let me explain. Recently in our company, we have plans to acquire a FortiGate device, which we want to integrate with our Ubiquiti UNIFI devices. Our network already manages different VLANS and we want to manage different profiles for each VLAN. I'd like to know at the experts of the forum, how could I configure the Fortinet and my UNIFI devices?. I'd like to mention that the devices are capable of generating VLANs, establishing a DHCP server, and generating Whitelists. I am also aware that FortiGate is also capable of doing this, however the provider told me that the device does not support the workload, so I want to spread it and know how could I perform this configuration on both devices. Thanks. I enclose the diagram of how we had planned to configure the architecture. Regards!

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm we don't use unifi switches but we have a load of FGT 100E and Unifi AP AC here. We use HP and Dell switches here.

On our sites the FGT has an interface or all vlans (including three wlan vlans). Those are then distributed over the switches as needed. 

AP AC are connected to the switch and managed by the unfi controller. They distribute all three wlans tagged with the corresponding vid. Port on the switch is set to be untagged in managementvlan and tagged in the three wlan vlans (because hp firmware wants one to be untagged *g*)

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors