Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
_Dilshan_r
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN stalls then stop at 98% when attempting to connect for Windows 10 (64x)

I'm experiencing the issue in FortiClient 5.2.3.0633 (Latest version) fresh installation in Windows 10 (64x) hp laptop, where I can not get connected to target where FortiClient been hang after 98% completed or remain still.

This issue is very disturbing as I can not get connected to the remote host to do my tasks.

I did knowledge review and found no solution specific to my scenario, besides I convey the issue to my contact who provide me with the VPN connection (not the vendor) and contact confirmed no issue in my credentials (true). However, I believe there is some additional task to be made or advice by FortiClient to work form Forti's point of view. Please help me if you could, much appreciated your help.

2 REPLIES 2
orani
Contributor II

Is the port set up properly? I had the same problem in the past too. Use the fortinets tool to completely remove forticlient. Delete and reinstall the lan drivers. Then install forticlient. That was my solution. Something was wrong with the client and my drivers.

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
Toshi_Esumi

The best help you can get is to upgrade the FC to 6.0.x. Anything before 5.6.x had problems with windows. If it got to 98% everything on the FGT side including Authentication was completed successfully and it considers the tunnel is up. It's on the windows side.

I thing they re-worded on the FC how to work on Win10 with 6.0. It becomes window "tray object". To me it works much better than any generations before it. I haven't tried 6.2 yet but some problem reports on the forum.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors