Well, this tutorial is not so good:https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD44157
It says something like:
- Select “User Type”
- Enter “Username” and “Password”
- Select “User Account Status” and “User Group”
A proper tutorial should say what to write in every field, not with the name of the field.
Say the names of the fields to complete is the same that say "Open the VPN IPsec Wizard and follow the steps"
Also, it is very different on my fortigate
Anyway, I could create a VPN with the wizard, choosing this option: "Dialup - Android (Native L2TP/IPsec)"
It also worked on W10
The problem with this is the following:
- I needed to set to VPN clients, to get IPs inside my network, then I needed to uncheck "Use the default gateway on the remote network" to use the local gateway to browse Internet
- If i configure the VPN to assign IPs outside the local network and I uncheck the remote gateway option, I cant reach anything in the remote network, I thought I needed to create routes but when I dont reach any IP on the remote network, which gateways should I use? The VPN interface has not any IP, I tried to assign an IP but it did not work.
- Now I can access from outside to inside through the VPN but I also need to access from local network to remote clients connected through VPN
- I accepted this traffic on IPv4 Policies
- I tried to create a static route but it did not allow me to select the VPN as outgoing interface
- I created a policy route but it did not work. VPN clients still cannot reach the local network
- This behavior is logic too, if I want to access from local network, to an IP on the same network, this sould not go to the default gateway
I think I should make it work assigning another IPs to VPN clients, IPs on another network.
Thanks in advance.