Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
eg584a
New Contributor

SPAN port configuration on 6.0.4

Hello,

I am trying to configure my WAN interface to mirror all traffic to another port for analyzing but, can't seem to get this working correctly. I have a 1500D and I'm not using Vdoms, all help is appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Can you share what you configured under "config sys switch-interface"? Not much options there to misconfigure though. Also describe more how "not working correctly".

eg584a

I have no configuration. I was attempting to configure it but all documentation on a 1500D is leading me to believe it can't be done.

Toshi_Esumi

It should support soft-switch then should support Switch Port Analyzer (SPAN). It just doesn't have hard-switch. Please try it then let us know if it doesn't work.

eg584a

Toshi Esumi,

Is there any "limitations" of making that interface a soft switch. The interface I'm changing is my WAN connection.

Toshi_Esumi

A 1500D doesn't have a dedicated "WAN" port. All are labeled the same from port1 to port40. And I believe the "role" setting is just for GUI and no difference for the port functions.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors