Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sims
New Contributor III

auto save

Hi ,

how to verify that auto save is enabled 

code 5.2.x

When I click revision ,I can see " you have unsaved changes ,save now " 

What does it mean ,How can I see pending configuration to be saved 

Thanks

1 Solution
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If your fgt has config revision diff you can always check/compare that.  If you are not sure, it doesn't (shouldn't) hurt to resave "changes" again then compare.   Mind you if I recall correctly, the fgt tends to treat certain things you do in the GUI as a change.  

If you really want to automatically save changes, I suggest looking at cfg-save  under config system global.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

View solution in original post

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If your fgt has config revision diff you can always check/compare that.  If you are not sure, it doesn't (shouldn't) hurt to resave "changes" again then compare.   Mind you if I recall correctly, the fgt tends to treat certain things you do in the GUI as a change.  

If you really want to automatically save changes, I suggest looking at cfg-save  under config system global.

sims
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have not find any difference checker , where i can find this .

And there is no cfg-save under config global 

Thanks

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Click on your login ID and choose Configuration then Revisions.  From there highlight two config files and choose Diff.  If need be, choose Save a config.

The fgt does not show any config settings that set to defaults.  In this case, cfg-save (under config system global) may be set to automatic.  You can see this if you type show all.

sims
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using the version 5.2.1

Thanks

Johny_Henks
New Contributor

I think you can compare the output of commands to show configuration detail and debug cfgmgr show configuration file primary. The show configuration detail has the configuration with new changes which are not saved.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors