Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ncfom
New Contributor

Fortigate 30E web acces

Hy everybody ! I have a Fortigate 30 and I can not access via web interface (Firefox, Chrome) with my external IP address (WAN)

I do not know what to do, because in my network I can log, as I mention, to the fortigate 30 with external IP address and internal IP address but when I try to acccess from other external IP WAN, is not working.

I forgot to mention that the device response to PING command from other IP (WAN) address on the web

What shall I do ?

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If ping works but https access doesn't work, likely that interface is not configured allow HTTPS access at the interface config. Check the config.

By the way, allowing admin access on wan interface is not recommended for security concerns.

ncfom

Thank you for your answer !

I forgot to mention that I have in my WAN interface administrative access to the HTTP, HTTPS, FMG-Access, SSH

Is something else that I have to do to configure HTTPS access to the interface ? 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Then you need to debug on the FGT, starting with sniffing like "diag sniffer packet wan 'port 443'". I don't think it's even hitting the interface.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Have you implemented any admin IP restrictions?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
ncfom

Thabnk you for your answers

No, I do not have any restriction in my Fortigate 30E unit.

The issue is that in my LAN network I can connect with external IP address (WAN) and internal IP address (LAN), but when I try from other external IP, do not work anymore, the screen with user and password do not appear.

Regarding  sniffing like "diag sniffer packet wan 'port 443'" can you help me with more informations please ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors