Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Westcana
New Contributor

New Netgear GS752TP will not communicate with new Fortigate 50

I have a Fortigate 50 that has been in service for less than a month. The config on it is very simple, just an internal network of about 15 devices going out the wan1 interface to the public internet.

Currently there is a low end switch plugged into lan 1 with all the internal stuff plugged into that switch.

I recently purchased a new netgear smart switch with POE.

The switch is only being used for the poe capability. There is no config on the switch at all.

When I tested the switch on a Fortigate 60, everything was fine.

But when I plug it into the 50, no traffic will pass.

There is a link light on both ends and I have switched cables making sure that the cable in use works for other equipment.

I am at a loss at this point. This is the second switch that I have tried (same model, right out of the box) with the same issue.

3 REPLIES 3
orani
Contributor II

Is your switch managed? Does it have an ip address? If yes can you ping this ip from firewall? Did you configured any policies to allow traffic to pass?

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
mworlund_FTNT

Is the port on the 50 an active interface in the Interface Group you have set for the LAN? Go into the GUI under Network and Interfaces and if it's defined as a physical switch you should see the port you plugged into represented in Green. If not, click the + below and add it to the LAN interface group. 

Toshi_Esumi

By the way, is your FGT FG50E? And what is the FortiOS version? I'm asking this because there was a model called FG50B long time ago.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors