Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sleiman
New Contributor

Upgrade Path For 300D

Hello I need the upgrade path for a 300D running 5.2.3 and I'll need to bring it to 6.0.4

The tool shows the path from 5.2.9 but not anything earlier. Please advise. 

Also what's the latest firmware you recommend upgrading to?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Check [link]https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=175676[/link] If you want to go to 6.0.x I recommend 6.0.6 Best

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

The cookbook where you can find upgrade paths from < 5.2.9 is temporarily not available...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Sleiman
New Contributor

Hi, should I follow this path: 

but earlier was mentioned 5.2.3 to 5.2.13, which i don't think will be a good idea, as normally i would expect: 5.2.3 --> 5.2.5 --> 5.2.7 --> 5.2.9 --> 5.2.11 --> 5.2.13

boneyard
Valued Contributor

for safety i would go with 5.2.3 --> 5.2.5 --> 5.2.7 --> 5.2.9 and then look how much you have to go within 5.2.x to jump to the latest 5.4 and then 5.6 and then 6.0.4, why 6.0.4 btw? why not 6.0.6?

if you want to be really sure contact Fortinet support.

Markus
Valued Contributor

Thanks Ede - not aware about that

@Sleiman As mentioned in https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?tree=true&m=175676&mpage=1

For 90D - upgrade is possible from 5.0.14 to 5.2.13, I assume for 300D and from 5.2.3 to 5.2.13 shouldn't be a problem. From there you can use the upgrade path on the support site. Best

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
boneyard
Valued Contributor

you sure? currently the upgrade path on 5.4 / 5.6 / 6.0 are usually +x.x.2, so 5.4.3 to 5.4.5 to 5.4.7 ...

i dont see a jump from +x.x.10 if i remember well

Markus
Valued Contributor

Yes, I'm quite sure...

From the release notes: FortiOS version 5.2.13 officially supports upgrading from version 5.0.13 or later https://fortinetweb.s3.am...2.13-release-notes.pdf

In supported Models, you can also find FG 300D

Best

boneyard
Valued Contributor

yes, 5.2.13 to 5.0.13, sure.

but earlier was mentioned 5.2.3 to 5.2.13, which i don't think will be a good idea, as normally i would expect: 5.2.3 --> 5.2.5 --> 5.2.7 --> 5.2.9 --> 5.2.11 --> 5.2.13

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors