Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SadAlex
New Contributor

Fortimail HA.

Good day.

I'm trying to configure my two Fortimail 2300E to behave as HA active-passive cluster. I've read admin guide and have a fairly decent understanding of what's going on. However, when I'm configuring failure actions I face a problem.

The problem is that failure coniditons don't trigger when they should. I've configured my FM master unit to switch off on failure and set it to monitor port2 interface. I apply my configuration and the demons says that there are no errors.

Then when I go and turn down port2 interface, I'm expecting it to switch off. Instead, HA units keep working in whatever roles I've assigned them to and system event log says that port two status has changed to down.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
orani
Contributor II

Disabling a port is not a failure (i think)

Orestis Nikolaidis

Network Engineer/IT Administrator

Orestis Nikolaidis Network Engineer/IT Administrator
SadAlex
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to check that? I'm, unfortunately, unable to simply plug off the cable to the interface atm to check whether this would be considered a failure.

SadAlex

Okay, I got my answer from the support. Turning down interface indeed doesn't trigger a failure. I suppose the question is closed.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors