Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SayedWafi
New Contributor

I cannot login the ForiGate 1000D after Registration

Dear Fortinet experts

today I have registered two FortiGate 1000D and the license was expired, then after rebooting the FortiGate I found out we cannot access the FortiGate through the management port also we cannot ping it via the internal network

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Using a serial console cable (and serial-to-usb adapter if needed), connect a laptop to the console port and run something like Putty. on the console press a key and see if you are met with a login prompt, try logging in.

At the CLI prompt type diag debug crashlog read and/or get system startup-error-log

Alternately, reboot the fgt and watch the console output.

Upon a suspected network loop - disconnect any patch cables connecting the fgt to the internal network, connect a laptop to the management port or internal port(s) and see if you can connect.  Power cycle the fgt if needed.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
kingpin
New Contributor

use putty for serial port    speed 9600 data bits  8 stop bits 1 parity non 

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

If it's 2 FGTs it might be forming a cluster. Try to access the master FGT via LAN (allow access first in 'config system interface', via console). Maybe something is wrong with the mgmt addresses, or the cluster itself.

In any case, this has nothing to do with registration. Only if you use FortiOS v6.x and one of the cluster members is not licensed, then the cluster won't sync.

Which OS version are you using? Do both FGTs have valid contracts?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors