Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
grayloon
New Contributor

Connection was terminated unexpectedly error 104

Fortigate 60C running 5.2.13

FortiClient 6.0.2.44 on Mac 10.13.6

IPSec VPN

My user clicks the FortiClient icon in the menubar, Connect to VPN, enters her credentials, and clicks Connect. Then, it tries to connect for several seconds before the error in the title pops up. Her internet connection is working otherwise. Any tips or recommendations to troubleshoot or workaround this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
grayloon
New Contributor

My user is not seeing the Fortinet extension blocked as detailed in this KB article.

rhegyi
New Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved?   I'm having the same issue... Thanks

grayloon

rhegyi wrote:

Did you ever get this resolved?   I'm having the same issue... Thanks

Unfortunately, it's still happening to my user. Are you using similar hardware/software?

rhegyi

It's a FW90, I believe.  I'm the Mac Tech the firewall is managed by another company.  The user's running 10.13.6 with FortiClient 6.0.2.   This was all working fine with nothing changing and it just stopped responding.  The FW tech tells me it's something on the Mac blocking the connection.  I've checked all that, Norton etc and the user hasn't applied any updates .  I'm starting to think it's the machine debating a nuke and pave, the problem is the user is three states away.  If you come up with anything please post I'd appreciate it.   Thank You.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors