Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jensthms
New Contributor

SD WAN issue

I was trying to do SD WAN cofiguration in fortinet VM(6.0) in gns3 before going live in production. But i cant add members to SDWAN, it shows error FAILED DEPENDENCY. What could be the reason?. I also checked whether the interface adding is there in any policy. I can add one interface to SDWAN,when adding second one it shows failed dependency error.

2 Solutions
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Try diagnose sys cmdb refcnt show system.interface.name <interface name>

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

View solution in original post

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Possible suggestion:

Add port2 to the SDWAN by itself and save that cfg then load an unencrypted backup copy into a text editor and add port3 to the SDWAN members.  Load that back into the fgt vm - try to monitor the console output while it is booting and/or perform diagnose debug config-error-log read at the CLI after you gain access the console.

The above method is ugly in my opinion, but may work.  I recall an old bug from the 4.3/5.0 days where just doing something in the GUI causes certain interfaces to "become dependence".  That said, as a suggestion it maybe remotely possible that this problem is browser related - try using a different browser.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
hubertzw
Contributor III

Check routing and firewall policies, VPN, etc.

jensthms

i checked that..interfaces are not linked in any of those sections(ipv4 policy,vpn,routing etc) Iam configuring it from scratch..

Toshi_Esumi

Get in CLI and "show | grep -f INTERFACE_NAME"

If it doesn't show anything other than the interface config, you might need to reboot it.

jensthms

I also checked by rebooting, issue is still there.

hubertzw

Try to save the settings without gateway IPs
jensthms

Checked without gateway..same error failed dependency.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Try diagnose sys cmdb refcnt show system.interface.name <interface name>

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Like others mention you have something tied to the member. Policy, dhcp,prober,etc........This one problem in SDWAN, you should ALWAYS deploy the firewall with SDWAN and one member regardless if you foresee you adding a 2nd or 3rd member later on..

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
hubertzw

emnoc wrote:

Like others mention you have something tied to the member. Policy, dhcp,prober,etc........This one problem in SDWAN, you should ALWAYS deploy the firewall with SDWAN and one member regardless if you foresee you adding a 2nd or 3rd member later on..

Interesting, is there any official recommendation or good practice from Fortinet?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors