Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
olivierm
New Contributor

Cannot install 6.2 after uninstalling 6.0

Hi !

I have uninstalled (with Windows uninstall) my precious version of FortiClient 6.0, everything looks fine, I don't have any Network Adapter with the name "forti" in it.

But when I try to install FortiClient 6.2, I get the error message "Your network administrator has modified FortiClient on this computer. Reboot your computer to continue having network access. Contact your network administrator for details. Do you want to reboot now ?".

Of course, rebooting does not solve this, and I am administrator on my computer.

If I want to reinstall FortiClient 6.0, the installation does a rollback when installing drivers.

How can I install FortiClient (6.0 or 6.2) again on my computer ? Where can I see installation logs to help me solve this ?

3 REPLIES 3
Hideki_Uemura
New Contributor

I was in trouble because it was the same situation, but I solved it by avoiding "Hybrid Boot" and shutting it down completely.

BilalSohail
New Contributor

Same issue on windows 10 now what to do 

strickys8
New Contributor

Here's a command (run elevated!) that successfully removed this **bleep**stain from my Windows 10 PC, source from: Drift Boss: wmic product where "name like 'Forti%%'" call uninstall /nointeractive

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors