Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mmbenidt
New Contributor

Error: Invalid DNS Server - Cellular Data

Hi— I use FortiClient with cellular data both directly on a Verizon iPhone and through ‘hotspot’ (on the phone) to connect an iPad and Windows laptop. As of about 2 weeks ago, I began receiving an Error: Invalid DNS Server message each time I try to connect any device through the cellular network. Any WiFi network works without issue and connection is no problem, however the cellular network can not connect. I used a colleagues Verizon phone with FortiClient and entered my credentials— no issue. I’ve contacted Verizon who says there’s nothing wrong with my line and to contact Apple or Fortinet for support. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app has not yielded any result. Anyone else experiencing? Any ideas or suggestions on how to resolve? Thanks!!
2 Solutions
mnmw
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same problem with the Forticlient VPN.  However, it only occurs specifially when we use the Verizon hotspot with an IPAD.   It appears to work okay on a Windows laptop.   We have an open ticket with Fortinet support on this.  

View solution in original post

vsepulveda
New Contributor

1. Go to SSL-VPN_Settings 2. Go to Tunnel Mode Client Settings 3. Under DNS Servers, click Specify tab          A.Define DNS 1 as 8.8.8.8 (Google)          B.Define DNS 2 as 208.91.112.53 (Fortinet DNS)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mnmw
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same problem with the Forticlient VPN.  However, it only occurs specifially when we use the Verizon hotspot with an IPAD.   It appears to work okay on a Windows laptop.   We have an open ticket with Fortinet support on this.  

mmbenidt
New Contributor

If you happen to receive an answer to this issue, I would love to know the resolution. This is a continuing issue that we can’t seem to figure out. Thanks!
dekker

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue.

Any feedback on the support ticket?

Thanks!

vsepulveda
New Contributor

1. Go to SSL-VPN_Settings 2. Go to Tunnel Mode Client Settings 3. Under DNS Servers, click Specify tab          A.Define DNS 1 as 8.8.8.8 (Google)          B.Define DNS 2 as 208.91.112.53 (Fortinet DNS)

jeanzinti

vsepulveda wrote:

1. Go to SSL-VPN_Settings 2. Go to Tunnel Mode Client Settings 3. Under DNS Servers, click Specify tab        A.Define DNS 1 as 8.8.8.8 (Google)        B.Define DNS 2 as 208.91.112.53 (Fortinet DNS)

Thanks.

resolved my problem

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors