Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abernut
New Contributor

Assistance with Wireless Bridge

Hello,

I need to connect two buildings that are approximately 240 Meters apart.

One building has a FortiGate60D and the second building just has a small LAN, No fortigate.

What will I need to connect the two buildings? They are in line of site of each other.

Thank you,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I don't know what country you're in. But I would't assume any country's WiFi regulation allows coverage that can reach more than 200 meter radius. Check the regulation in your country and look for a product that provides point-to-point wireless communication, likely a microwave, through the air. In that case both sides need to see each other without obstacles. Or look for a land-line option.

abernut

I currently achieve this with an Engenius Enstation https://www.engeniustech.com/engenius-products/outdoor-wireless-bridge-enstationac/

I could deploy the same equipment at our new site but since we have FortiGates and FortiAPs at 90% of our sites, I was trying to build this out using FortiNet gear.

Bromont_FTNT

Probably best to talk to a presales engineer on what's available for this. You'll want to use one of the directional antennas available. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors