Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

FortiClient As Antivirus Software?

How does FortiClient compare to other business class antivirus software options? Is it recommended to use it in lieu of other antivirus protection options?
2 REPLIES 2
Markus
Valued Contributor

Found just quite old test

https://www.av-test.org/d...orticlient-5.0-130627/

It depends on your requirements (only cient AV,servers too,virtuallized etc.). If you only need client av, without any integration in other Fortinet products, I think there are better products. I've you need a more complete solution and a product that is well integrated in Fortinet products, you will have more advantages as "only" AV. We also use FC for VPN, checking the client compliancy bevor gaining access to our Network, mobility agent for user based policies and VPN, different webfilter and FW profiles internal/external...

And for today, in my opinion, pattern based AV is anyhow - more or less useless.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
SecurityPlus

Thanks! This is helpful.

Does anyone know if there is a next generation antivirus solution like SentinelOne or Cylance that is effective and that works well with the FortiGate firewalls?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors