Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
djwilliams979
New Contributor

Seeking Upgrade Feedback for 5.6.2 to 5.6.9

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Fortiverse, I have a question about an upgrade I am about to perform.  I have read the release notes and upgrade path and am going to follow it but I wanted to put out some feelers and see if anyone has done this upgrade and if they have had any issues with it.  The platform I am working on is an HA pair of 800Ds.  I am prepared for issues but am expecting an in service upgrade as the secondary upgrades first followed by the primary.  The path I intend to follow is outlined below.  I have not performed an upgrade on an 800D in the past but have done several on various other hardware models.  My experience has been good on HA upgrades but have run into a couple of hiccups over the years.  I'm hoping to get in front of any we may experience with this one.

5.6.2 --> 5.6.6 --> 5.6.8 --> 5.6.9

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
hubertzw
Contributor III

I didn't do it on that specif model. It also depends on what features you have enabled. One thing you should be aware of: when you perform upgrade the devices reboot one after another, but when you do downgrade (if you have to revert upgrade because something doesn't work) both devices reload in parallel. I didn't see it in any official docs

djwilliams979

That you very much Hubertzw!  I have not had the unfortunate experience of having to downgrade, although I have heard that it has much more impact.  I'm really hoping that is not something I have to do with this one.  It's a big box for us and will attract much attention if it doesn't go well.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors