Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BGMIndustries
New Contributor

Create Log-Exception

Hi,

I have enabled automatic email alerts for basically everything my FTG100D does. In my specific case, I get notifications for every webpage that gets blocked - all good.

Now I denied the "Adverts"-category in my main webfilter, which leads to a 100s if not 1000s of logentries.

I want to specifically disable logging for the adverts-category ONLY on my web-filtering-policy so I only get notification emails for all other categories. In fact, I don't need blocked things from the Adverts-category in any log, as this makes up for 99% of all webtraffic anyway.

Is this possible, and if so, how? I tried different threat-weights already, but this does not solve my problem.

I hope I could explain well what I'm trying to achieve.

kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
tanr
Valued Contributor II

I'm assuming you are just doing the email notifications from the FortiGate and not a FortiAnalyzer?

BGMIndustries

tanr wrote:

I'm assuming you are just doing the email notifications from the FortiGate and not a FortiAnalyzer?

That is correct, we do not have a FortiAnalyzer.

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Sorry, I've only done this from the FortiAnalyzer.  Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors