Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rule
New Contributor

SD-WAN technology

Hello every one !

Does Fortigate 100D support SD-WAN technology  or not ?

If support which version support?

regard

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
arthur68tw
New Contributor

Hi rule, the version of my Fortigate 100D is v6.0.1 build0131 which supports SD-WAN.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes it does and has been for probably 6 year now or when ever virtual-wan interface was a supported version

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rule

Thanks arthur68tw

so fortigate 100d can support SD WAN Technology  . I will upgrade version to get new technology.

simonorch

Go to 6.0.5.

Just a point to remember if this is a production unit with a lot of configuration you can't just add the interfaces to the sd-wan interface if they have a lot of references connected to them (eg. FW rules). So depending on your level of experience with the config file you either have to do a lot of editing on the file then upload it or you will have to remove everything from the interfaces you want to use, add them to sd-wan then redo all the objects and rules etc.

It's a reason why these days i deploy new boxes with sd-wan set up from the begining, even if the customer won't be using it straight away. It gives some useful metrics on the state of their wan link anyway so has value even with just one line.

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

It's a reason why these days i deploy new boxes with sd-wan set up from the begining, even if the customer won't be using it straight away

We do the same also.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors