Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fladnar
New Contributor

FortiAP 221B compatibility

Good morning!

I've been told that 221B units won't work with fortigate 301E. Is this true?. Is there a compatibility chart anywhere?

6 REPLIES 6
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Not aware about a compatibility chart, but we've couple of 221B APs working with a 501E. I can imagine that they should work with 301E to.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
James_G
Contributor III

It will be restricted to the FortiOS version you are running, not specifically the hardware, you will find that they just stop working one day on a future FortiOS upgrade I expect.

fladnar

Thanks for the info!

fladnar

Do you have 221B and 221E in the same fortigate?

Markus
Valued Contributor

Yes, 221B, 223C and 221E - all on the same 501E

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Markus
Valued Contributor

@James_G Yes, this is a possible risk, you're right. For now, our runs FP221B-v5.4-build0371 (latest for 221B) with FOS 6.0.5 (keep fingers crossed)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors