Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
julianURR
New Contributor

Routing 100D

This may be a simple one, but I need assistance.  I have two buildings connected via P-T-P fiber (100/100).  Site "B" (VLAN 24) gets its Internet service from Site "A" 100D SD-WAN (WAN1 200/200, WAN2 300/25).  I have added a 60D to Site "B" (WAN1 300/25).  How do I route the Site "B" Internet traffic to the 60D normally for that site and use the Site "A" 100D in case I lose the Site"B" WAN1 connection.  DHCP is handled from Site "A" (VLAN 16).

I lost the P-T-P fiber for 30 hours a few weeks ago and put the Internet connection at SIte "B".

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Hi Julian,

I had to read this several times before I finally think I understand.  There are routers other than the FortiGate that you are using to connect the two sites, right?  So from the Site B router's perspective, it has a default route (0.0.0.0/0) pointing to the Site A router, right?  Are you running any dynamic routing protocols in the network already?  You will definitely need a tracked route at minimum to determine where to send your Internet traffic, and if you don't already you will also need more specific routes pointing to Site A's internal networks.

- Daniel

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors