Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tedauction
New Contributor III

HA compatibiltiy ?

Hello, is anyone able to confirm if the following two Fortigate 60E models will be compatible in an HA pair ?

If they are, do I need to run any special CLI commands to allow full compatibility ?

1. Version: FortiGate-60E-DSL v6.0.5,build0268,190507 (GA) System Part-Number: P21074-03 2. Version: FortiGate-60E v6.0.4,build0231,190107 (GA) System Part-Number: P18816-01

Thank you kindly.

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

They need to be the same version, model and license the same. So if that's is the final version...than a no!

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau

Disregard the different firmware versions, that could be resolved easily, but different hardware models just won't work in a HA cluster. Even if one only has got an additional hardware PCB like here.

Imagine it could form a cluster. How exactly would the 60E (slave) take over 100% functionality from the 60E-DSL in case of failover?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Smithyy1

Apologize for reviving the old thread, as I just wanted to say that they need to be the same version, model, and license the same as users from above stated. I am not sure about the right HA compatibility in your case but I would ask my friend who is a qualified engineer and how he will help you, Last week he told me that he was creating a PCB design using the gerber viewer tool, so I am pretty sure he will be able to help you with your query. I will just invite him to this thread so you can communicate with him directly. Wish you all the best and stay safe!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors