Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vishal
New Contributor

License expiration

Hi Team, I'm having an fortigate 200E firewall fully functioning, but now I have observed my licenses i.e IPS, web filtering & antivirus showing expired and also I have applied these security profile in ipv4 policies My question is will these expire license applied in ipv4 policies create some disruption to user traffic to reach internet, if yes, then can I remove this security profile (IPS, anitvirus, web fitering) from ipv4 policies for stable user traffic to reach internet till I renew license. Thanks in advance Regards, Vishal
4 REPLIES 4
BrianB
New Contributor III

My guess would be that the security profiles will continue to function but FG will not download new and updated definitions.

Markus
Valued Contributor

As far as I know, all Policies with web filter profile enabled will stop working. You have to disable/delete  webfilter profile on this policies.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
sw2090
Honored Contributor

yes I can confirm this!

Once your Webfilter License expires your internet traffic will get blocked until you either apply a new vaild license or remove the webfilter profile from the policies.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

...this is well documented also...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors