Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Cruz2019
New Contributor

connect ADSL modem

Hello, I need to connect an ADSL modem to my fortigate 310B, I currently have 2 dedicated links and that's where my traffic comes out with a load balancing. But I need this ADSL to send some of my users through that link. Is this what I'm trying to do? Until now what I am, I connected the modem to a port of the fortigate, but it does not give an exit to internte, I suppose it is for lack of some rules or route? Thank you....
1 Solution
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

For internet access, you need to

- point the default route ('0.0.0.0/0') to the port the modem is connected. Or, if you want to keep the WAN on the load balanced ports, at least point a route to the remote network to that port.

- enable 'NAT' in the policy from LAN to this port, and 'destination address' to 'all'

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
6 REPLIES 6
brazz_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey, 

This Forum is for FAZ (FortiAnalyzer) related question, do you have any FAZ ?

Thanks

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

For internet access, you need to

- point the default route ('0.0.0.0/0') to the port the modem is connected. Or, if you want to keep the WAN on the load balanced ports, at least point a route to the remote network to that port.

- enable 'NAT' in the policy from LAN to this port, and 'destination address' to 'all'

Ede

Cruz2019

I want to keep the load balanced with the 2 wan (WAN1 and WAN 2), the modem I want to connect independently and only give access to the internet to a VLAN.
I already have a route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 that goes out to the 2 WAN I have in the load balancing, but I can not access the internet in a VLAN that I am sending through the WAN 5 modem, and create a route and a policy but I can not go to internet.
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

If you want 2 different paths towards the internet (with 'unknown' addresses) you need to have 2 default routes at the same time. You can do that by configuring the second default route to wan5, with the same distance (probably 10) as the first, but with a higher 'priority'. 'Priority' in FortiOS equals 'cost'.

Now you have 2 default routes in the Routing Monitor (check) of which only the cheaper one will be used.

Then, you create a Policy Route, for traffic coming from the VLAN (source address), pointing to wan5.

It might be that you have to enable the GUI part of Policy Route first (System > Features).

Route parameters like distance and priority are set in the CLI.

Ede

Cruz2019

Hello, I already make the following configurations and I do not have access to the internet. Connect my ADSL modem to the fortigate WAN5 I put the ip 192.168.6.30, then in the politcas create one from my local network to WAN5, allowing all the traffic. also create a static route 172.16.27.0/28 to WAN5. In politics I use an ip of this test vlan and I can not go online. I tried to add a static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 to WAN5 and it tells me that it is duplicated, this is because I already have an equal route but to my balanced WANs.

Any other idea.

Cruz2019

<p><br />Hello, I already make the following configurations and I do not have access to the internet. Connect my ADSL modem to the fortigate WAN5 I put the ip 192.168.6.30, then in the politcas create one from my local network to WAN5, allowing all the traffic. also create a static route 172.16.27.0/28 to WAN5. In politics I use an ip of this test vlan and I can not go online. I tried to add a static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 to WAN5 and it tells me that it is duplicated, this is because I already have an equal route but to my balanced WANs.</p> <p>Any other idea.</p>

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors