Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ydaew
New Contributor III

Link Aggregation

Hello,

Is it possible to aggregate FortiGate 3100D 4 links to 4 different Cisco switches ?

12 REPLIES 12
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's not about the FGT, but it's about the Cisco switches. I think you have to have those switches stacked to have one Port-channel spread to multiple chassis.

Ydaew
New Contributor III

Thanks, Actually they are going to be stacked. So no special requirements but the switches to be stacked

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, MCLAG is supported. I used to trunk a FGT cluster to H3C switch stacks.

Only thing to watch is that you should enable "fast mode" on the LACP trunk ports - check interval is 2 seconds then, instead of 30s. And active LACP, not passive or static.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes you can do it. been done with  VSS,Nexus, StackedSwitches,etc....

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Baptiste

Hi

I just setup 802.3ad  aggregate for LAN interface (port 1 & 2).

When I remove port1, still working, I can ping the lan-aggr interface

When I remove port2, stop working, I cannot ping the lan-aggr interface

On switch side (HPE 5130el) : Member port GE2/0/33 of aggregation group BAGG4 changed to the inactive state, because the aggregation configuration of its peer port is incorrect.

part of config of FGT aggregate interface :

lacp-mode : active lacp-ha-slave : enable lacp-speed : slow min-links : 1 min-links-down : operational algorithm : L4 link-up-delay : 50

I think I have to change :

set lacp-speed fast

But will it change something when I unplug port 2 ?

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, switch to "lacp-speed: fast" (2 second interval), and on the Cisco switch you should have

switch# configure terminal
switch(config)# interface fastethernet 0/1
switch(config-if)# channel-group 5 mode passive

that is, one side will be "LACP active" and the other side "LACP passive". Cisco side should never be "LACP on".

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
kenneth_goh
New Contributor

Does FortiGate 50e support Link Aggregation?

SecurityPlus

I have the same question. Would like a link to a Fortinet list of FortiGate models that provide LAG. Thanks,
NKL
New Contributor III

According to the FortiOS 6.2.1 "new features" (https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.1/new-features/226063/lacp-support-on-entry-level-e...), LACP is now also supported on generation E entry-level devices, specifically "90E, 80E, 60E, 50E, and 30E". Adding to the models of 100 and above, which already support LACP with older FortiOS releases.

So, I would assume the following (unconfirmed) list of LACP-capable FortiGate-/FortiWifi-devices:

30E (FortiOS 6.2.1 or higher)

50E (FortiOS 6.2.1 or higher)

60E (FortiOS 6.2.1 or higher)

80E (FortiOS 6.2.1 or higher)

90E (FortiOS 6.2.1 or higher)

100x and above (any FortiOS release)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors