Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bob245
New Contributor

How to remote poweroff for SA250 (ex IDM Meru) appliance

Hi everyone, I have an IDM device SA250 (Forticonnect, ex Meru). I would like to turn off this device remotely. I already perform shutdowns of various systems remotely via an ssh connection with the Putty.exe program. With a batch, I run a command line like this: putty.exe root@192.168.10.90 -pw YYYYYYYYY -m c:\poweroff\macro.txt. Basically I wait for the SSH connection and then I send the shutdown command via the "macro.txt" file. In the "macro.txt" file there is a command like this: "poweroff", or "poweroff controller" or "rnutil rn_shutdown" (depends on the device I'm managing for the shutdown). Now I'm in trouble because I don't know what to put in the macro file for the SA250 device. SA250 has a very simple ssh interface with menus and submenus with numeric options. Example obtained the access I have the main menu I have the number 9 which if selected makes me access a submenu of restart / shutdown. So in that submenu the number 1 is the poweroff. Can you tell me the correct sequence to insert in the macro file to get the power off of the SA250?

Thanks

bob

2 REPLIES 2
Bob245
New Contributor

Hello everybody. I solved using TeraTerm and not Putty.

With TeraTerm it is easier to prepare the TTL macro file, to pass the various menu options.

In my case after login I have to give option "9" to access the shutdown menu, then option "1" for shutdown

and then I have to answer "yes" to the shutdown confirmation question. I then did a batch file that launches the Teraterm and the macro file C:\Program Files\Teraterm4\TTermPro.exe "/M=C:\PowerOFF\ShutdownIDM.TTL.

In the macro file these are the lines I entered:

connect '192.168.10.220 /ssh /auth=password /user=root /passwd=YYYYYYY'

Menu = 'Option:'

Menu2 = 'Are you sure? (y/n):'

RispostaA = '9'

RispostaB = '1'

RispostaC = 'y'

; Sequenza spegnimento

wait   Menu

send RispostaA

wait   Menu

send RispostaB

wait   Menu2

send RispostaC

Bob245
New Contributor

Hello everybody. I solved using TeraTerm and not Putty. With TeraTerm it is easier to prepare the TTL macro file, to pass the various menu options. In my case after login I have to give option 9 to access the shutdown menu, then option 1 for shutdown and then I have to answer "yes" to the shutdown confirmation question. I then did a batch file that launches the teraterm and the macro file: C:\Program Files\Teraterm4\TTermPro.exe "/M=C:\PowerOFF\ShutdownIDM.TTL.

In the macro file these are the lines I entered:

connect '192.168.10.220 /ssh /auth=password /user=root /passwd=YYYYYYY'

Menu = 'Option:'

Menu2 = 'Are you sure? (y/n):'

RispostaA = '9'

RispostaB = '1'

RispostaC = 'y'

; Sequenza spegnimento

wait   Menu

send RispostaA

wait   Menu

send RispostaB