Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hmtung
New Contributor

How to setting manage all internet access through HQ site

Hi all 

I have 04 site vpn ipsec to HQ , vpn site to site its ok, however I need 

all sites access internet back through by HQ WAN how to do pleas help me

Thank you so much

3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

two steps on each branch FGT (FAC1-4):

1- set a static route to the public IP of HQ pointing to the WAN port ("wan1", gateway=ISP router). Use a host route, for example "91.66.43.124/32".

2- set the static default route "0.0.0.0/0" pointing to the tunnel interface (no gateway), not to WAN anymore.

The first route will ensure that the branch FGT can establish the VPN tunnel. The second route directs all traffic to the HQ FGT.

On the HQ FGT:

3- create one or more policies to allow branch traffic to the internet (tunnel to WAN, subnet_FAC1 to all). Enable NAT on these!

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Just don't forget to adjust the phase2 network selectors appropreately like [0/0<->local subnets] or back to the default [0/0<->0/0] if you have configured specific ones already.

Cleyton
New Contributor

Hello hmtung

I'm having the same problem, I have several branches with 50E fortigate and in the HQ a 80E fortigate, I want branch internet traffic to go through the VPN tunnel and exit through the WAN of the HQ. Did you solve this problem?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors