Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
miki_t
New Contributor

Unable to connect WAN1 through PPPOE

Hi all , 

I have FortiGate 60E ,Current version FortiOS v5.6.8 build1672 (GA) , i'm struggling to create a connection through WAN1 with PPPOE it is always on Initializing... , i tried to leave the Unnumbered IP as 0.0.0.0 and also tried with my static ip that i have from my ISP ,in the cli i see always the next log message "Invalidate PPPoE interface wan1". 

My modem is set to bridge model number is DSL-225 ,i set this modem to bridge and connected my laptop created a PPPOE connection and connected successfully to the internet so it mean that the modem is working perfect as a bridge but the fortigate is not willing to connect.

Any suggestions please what should i do and how can debug wan1 port and what is going on behind the scene ?

Best Regards,

Miki

3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Two suggestions:

1- make absolutely sure you have the password correct (i.e., paste it)

2- some ISPs deliver on a VLAN, that is, tagged. If your modem doesn't remove tags this might be the issue.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Does the ISP  do tagging, did you run and diagnostic diag sniffer on wan1 port?

diag sniffer packet wan1 'pppoed or pppoes"

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
miki_t
New Contributor

Hello , 

Thanks for the replays , the problem was on the port WAN1 a physical issue , i connected to Interface3 and gave it WAN role than the PPPOE connection was established .

Best Regards,

Miki

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors