Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Lana_Gr
New Contributor

Blacklisted by FortiGuard (Being looked as a spammer?)

Hi guys, we really dont even yet use FortiGuard but we have been intending to. However we were here at job blackilisted (our emails towards some others are being viewed as spam) even tough we dont send any newsletter nor do I spam anyone. We are nonprofit goverment organization and its really urgent to find out how to get unblacklisted even tough yesterday i tried already applying to some https://fortiguard.com/webfilter but still hasnt helped. And nobody replied to me when i tried to contact them so this is my last stop cause i dont know what to do. Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Admin_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

Have you tried using the "Appeal a blocked Spam IP, URL or Email address" link at https://www.fortiguard.com/contactus to have this addressed?

Regards,

Admin

Lana_Gr

@admin_ftnt Hi, yes I've used that sheet as well, do you think i should try again? I've also used one where you can upload image of the problem (as i did, a snap of saying that we cant send any emails due to being blacklisted as spammers by fortiguard). Im sorry im really under lot of pressure and in a hurry to send some important stuff to goverment which i cant but i also cant use my personal email as it is unprofessional, so all of advices are welcome, and thank you so much for your answer ! :)

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you contacted Customer Service (support.fortinet.com) via Web Chat or phone? Just as a last resort to accelerate the review process. Or have your FTNT partner do it for you.

Technically, you can only get out of the block by using another WAN IP. This would include changing the MX record with your DNS provider. Sounds like a lot of work but (depending on who is running your DNS) can be done quickly.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Lana_Gr

Thanks for replying, can you tell me if i call my DNS provider, what should i tell them to do excatcly? And i will look up support from fortinet thanks!

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

My suggestion depends upon that you have an unused public IP address at your disposal. Probably, you will have to talk to your ISP first.

The mailserver's public IP address is published via an "MX record" which is part of the information distributed by DNS. Often, your ISP will provide DNS for you as well, but not necessarily.

If you've got an unused public IP address, you need to

- have the MX record changed to this new address

- update the FortiMails configuration to the new (WAN) address

- depending on your setup, change the destination NAT on your Fortigate if your FortiMail is behind the firewall. A DNAT object in FortiOS is a VIP; the 'external' address will be the new one, the 'mapped to' address will remain the same, internal address of your FortiMail.

Honestly: this is not something that you do light-heartedly, it's more of a desparate step. I hope your current mailserver address will be de-listed soon, that would be much less effort.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors