Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ncfom
New Contributor

Accesing a radio website

Hy !

I have a Fortigate90D and I want to allow a website that has a player with radio station to run

My website is loading and also the player webpage is working

I try in my fortigate settings ( Web filter ) to give a wildcard, but is still not running the player 

Also i try to make a policy in Fortigate but without any success to run this player

What options to I have ?

2 REPLIES 2
boneyard
Valued Contributor

if you can open a ticket with Fortinet support, they can probably better investigate then via a forum.

there are many things this could be, depending on your inspection mode, other UTM profiles, ...

you could share the website address here and perhaps something is willing to check if it works for them with certain settings.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

this is quite a big problem because the creators of websites often use external sources because that's easier. I have that quite often. This can lead you into looking at the site's source code to find all the external references. 

What I mean is: you have a wildcard whitelisting on the site itself, but the player e,g, is just executed/loaded/linked from an external source which will not match your whitelisting. Same very often happens with Stylesheets or images leaving sites unusable because of crippled design etc.

So you might have to analyze that radio site from top down to it's very bottom and also whitelist the external sources to make it work.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors